Electricity Learning - Static Electricity Lesson

By Jesus Olvera
Station 1
In this station we had to rub a balloon on our heads or shirt, then put the balloon over some paper scraps and the balloon should attract the paper scraps. I thought that there were opposite electro magnetic forces between the balloon and the paper scraps, which made the scraps attract to the balloon.
Station 2
In this station we had to put two 10in lines of tape on the table, then rip them off the table and put them next to each other, when we did they repelled. I thought that there were similar electro magnetic forces between the two pieces of tape that caused them to separate.
Station 3
In this station we had to put two 10in lines of tape on top of each other, then rip them off each other and put them next to each other, when we did they attracted. I thought that there were opposite electro magnetic forces between the two pieces of tape that caused them to attract.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?