Socratic Seminar: Tao-Te-Ching

By Jesus Olvera
Today in class we were discussing two chapters of the Tao-Te-Ching, a book of Chinese philosophies about life. We were discussing chapters 48 and 71. I felt that my group (the group that was discussing chapter 48) had the best discussion out of our two groups. I feel this was because we were really thinking deep into out discussion and many people had great ideas and opinions. When I explained what this quote meant " Less and less do you need to force things, until finally you arrive at non-action. When nothing is done, nothing is left undone." I said it meant that when you stop doing things like doing homework, since you didn't do your homework you don't need to (it's confusing). Overall I thought the whole class did a good job, even though the other group was a little silent, they had good arguments.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?